I’ve got a fun die cutting hack using the Desert Details Dies. Use the 2 frame dies together to cut one piece of Designer Series Paper. Then use the 3 die cut pieces to make 3 different cards. And what’s better than making 1 card? How about making 3 Delicate Desert Cards, 3 different cards, in one sitting. Plus you can use this die cutting hack to make “frames” with any of your dies that you can “nest”.
My Delicate Desert Cards Demonstration:
Tips for using Desert Details Dies frames:
- Tape the 2 frame dies together on top.
- Turn the DSP and dies at an angle when die cutting with the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
Make 3 different cards with the pieces made from die cutting one piece of Dry Brushed Metallic Designer Series Paper with Desert Details Dies Frames.
Cutting Dimensions for 3 Delicate Desert Cards:
- Card bases (cut 3) = 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ on long side, fold in half.
- Basic White card stock for inside (cut 3) = 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Delicate Desert Designer Series Paper = Cut 6″ x 12″, then cut into three 4″ x 6″ pieces. Cut each 4″ x 6″ piece of DSP at 5 1/4″. Use 5 1/4″ x 4″ pieces on card front. Use 3/4″ x 4″ pieces on inside of card.
- Calypso Coral card stock for sentiment on card #1 = 1/2″ x 3″
- Pale Papaya card stock for sentiment on card #2 = 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
Take A Closer Look at my Delicate Desert Cards:
Stampin’ Up! products used in making these Delicate Desert Cards:
Click on any link below to be directed to my online store or contact me to order.
Thanks for viewing this post. I hope the creative inspiration and cards using the Delicate Desert Suite brought a little sunshine to your day.