It's nice to send a pretty card simply to say hello to a friend or loved one who you haven't see in a long time or who you know needs a little pick me up or to know they are thought of. This card is perfect for that person. The card is simple and quick to make. The gold hoop adds a fun element to this wreath card. The sentiment and flowers are from the Quiet Curvy Bundle. And with such bright colors as Magenta Madness, Granny Apple Green, and Pool Party, whose days wouldn't be made just a bit brighter with this card?
No extra layers of card stock or Designer Series Paper for this simply beautiful card.
I prefer to use Whisper White THICK card stock for my white card bases as it is much sturdier and stands up better than our original Whisper White card stock that is intended for layering. The same holds true for Very Vanilla card bases.
TIPS for making this card:
- For adhering the Gold Hoop Embellishments, use a few Mini Glue Dots rolled up or even a few tiny pieces of Tear & Tape rolled. You don't need adhesive all the way around the Gold Hoop. Just 3-4 spots with good adhesive will hold your Gold Hoop in place nicely.
- Stamp the sentiment in Black Momento Ink or in color of your choice.
- I stamped 2 floral sprigs in Black Momento Ink and colored with Stampin' Blends in Magenta Madness, Granny Apple Green, and Pool Party.
- Die cut both floral sprigs. Then cut one of them into 2 pieces (1 very small piece and 1 longer piece) and tuck and adhere these underneath the Gold Hoop. The other floral sprig I placed over the top of the hoop using Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere it to the card base.
- Use a Mini Glue Dot behind the knot of the bow to adhere it to the bottom of the floral wreath.
Stampin' Up! products used - Click on any link below to be directed to my online store.